Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12 part III, Para 14:
- The parish meeting of a parish shall assemble annually on some day between 1st March and 1st June, both inclusive, in every year.
- Subject to sub-paragraph (1) above and to sub-paragraph (3) below, parish meetings shall be held on such days and at such times as may be fixed by the parish council or, if there is no parish council, by the chairman of the parish meeting.
- In a parish which does not have a separate parish council the parish meeting shall, subject to any provision made by a grouping order, assemble at least twice in every year.
- The proceedings at a parish meeting shall not commence earlier than 6 o’clock in the evening.
- A parish meeting shall not be held in premises which at the time of the meeting may, by virtue of a premises licence or temporary event notice under the Licensing Act 2003, be used for the supply of alcohol (within the meaning of section 14 of that Act)] , except in cases where no other suitable room is available for such a meeting either free of charge or at a reasonable cost..